Friday 9 April 2010

EXPERIMENTS

  I have pushed the self-imposed pressures aside as I realised they were not exactly realistic ... also too many (paying) jobs showed up these last few weeks for which some mental time and energy were needed ... also I've had some fun.
The point is that I still have some deadlines to give me some kind of structure, but they are more relaxed and not stressing me. And thus I am allowing myself to experiment.
I am still at a stage where I am trying different ways to approach the writing of a screenplay, looking for what works best for me. And so I am currently working on two:
- The first one I mentioned previously and has been outlined, re-outlined and re-re-outlined.
- For the second one I'm going blind. It started with an opening image. Characters have appeared who are calling the shots; I'm just following them. The interesting thing is that it is taking shape in a way I am surprisingly happy about (so far).
I am on the first rough draft for both of them and about the same stage: approaching the end of act one. (Can you believe that? With all the preparation it took for the first script and I'm already catching up with the second one?)
They have the same deadline for this draft: both to be finished by the end of this month.
I write on each of them not so much alternately as depending on my mood of the day ... the first one being a comedy, the second a psychological thriller. This little experiment could also help me see if there's indeed a genre I am more comfortable with writing or merely better at.
Let's see which one wins the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Say You?